The AVTT Traveling Wall is a 80% replica of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C. The Traveling wall stands 8 feet tall at the center and extends almost 360 feet from end to end. The VFW Ride For Healing is proud to support The Traveling Wall and help raise funds for the Vietnam Education Center.
- Wednesday, May 29th escort of the Wall to the Crow Wing County Fairgrounds. Assembly at the Brainerd Welcome Center at 2:00 PM
- Thursday, May 30th the Mn National Guard will be assembling the Wall from 8-Noon
- Thursday, May 30th the Wall will be open for viewing at Noon and will be open until Sunday, June 2nd at Noon
– Other statistics – 1074 fallen soldiers for Minnesota
– Crystal Military will have a 24-hour guard on the Wall
– There will be a computer disc and people assisting at the Wall to find the fallen soldiers by date or last name and then escorted to the place on the Wall
– There will be special Tracing Paper for people to trace the name of the fallen soldier
Additional information:- Where was wall constructed?
AVTT DESIGNS THE WALLS THAT TRAVEL THE COUNTRY – WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO. THE ONE APPEARING IN BRAINERD MN AND THE ONE THAT TRAVELS WITH OUR OUTDOOR COST OF FREEDOM TRIBUTE. THE WALL IS DESIGNED IN OUR TEXAS OFFICE (FLINT, TX) BUT THE ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION TAKES PLACE IN MINNESOTA. THE CONSTRUCTION TAKES PLACE IN THE ST. PAUL AREA AND THE ENGRAVING IS DONE BY A FORMER MARINE AND VIETNAM VET OUT OF EDEN PRAIRIE, MN.
– Approximately how many appearances it makes per year?
CURRENTLY, AVTT ENGAGES OVER 1.6 MILLION AMERICANS ANNUALLY WITH OVER 40 EVENTS OCCURRING EACH YEAR.
– How many people travel with the wall?
THE AVTT TRAVELING WALL HAS ONE STAFF MEMBER THAT TRAVELS WITH IT. THIS YEAR THAT MAN IS MR. PRESTON FRITZ.
– How many people required for sit up and take down?
WE REQUIRE 15 ABLE BODIED PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 18 TO ASSIST WITH THE SET UP AND TEAR DOWN OF THE WALL.